Outside Sales Representative
Company: Core & Main
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job SummaryDevelop new prospects and interacts with existing
customers to increase sales utilizing knowledge of core customers
and Core & Main product line. Responsible to profitably grow sales
to achieve yearly sales goals as a sales consultant for current
core industries and emerging industries and markets; responsible
for prospecting for new accounts, retaining existing accounts, and
increasing opportunities with existing customer. This position
requires operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and
such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average
work week. If selected for this position, Core & Main will run a
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position
is an acceptable MVR report.Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key
- Conducts on-site customer visits with new and existing
customers. Manages sales volume with an existing group of
customers, prospects successfully to expand the customer base.
- Forecasts, prospects, and bids for new business to include
customers, markets, and additional service opportunities.
- Maintains existing and builds new customer partnerships.
Develops and sustains sales relationships with key decision makers
and influencers on all levels of an organization.
- Shares market and competitor information with all applicable
channels within the organization; establishes relationships and
- Partners with customers, vendors, Credit, and A/R to quickly
resolve customer service issues.
- Identifies customer products needs and coordinates execution of
- May conduct negotiations with suppliers, vendors and
- Assists in training or mentoring of associates.Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving
missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives
guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review
typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or
direct "customers" of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level
support personnel or professional personnel.Work Environment
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of
which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery,
loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires travel 20% to 50% of the time.Minimum
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicableEducation
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 2-5
years of experience in related field; certification is required in
some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in
related field. Certification is required in some areas.Preferred
- Point of sales (POS) system or consultative selling/solution
selling experience is required.
- Knowledge of customer business needs.
- Knowledge in Core & Main product line and core customers.About
Core & MainBased in St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor
of water, sewer, storm drain and fire protection products in the
United States. Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the
company combines local expertise with a national supply chain to
provide contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main's 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to
Keywords: Core & Main, West Sacramento , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!