Engineering and Facilities Maintenance Manager
Company: Cornerstone Building Brands
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 16, 2023
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE TO THE WEST SACRAMENTO AREA PROVIDED!!
Summary:The Maintenance Manager & Facility Leader is a high impact
position that involves overseeing many moving (and static) parts -
including facilities, equipment, machinery, people, and processes.
This position is accountable for delivering high asset uptime, a
positive brand image, a comfortable and productive environment, a
motivated team, and keeping operations running reliably and
productively. Critical to success in this position is the need to
understand how other departments work and effectively communicating
with them as necessary daily. This leader also ensures that every
day, this team of maintenance technicians and facilities team
members are assigned to the work that best fits their skills,
keeping roadblocks to working efficiently out of the way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating daily with all levels of
employees in order to assist in resolving problems and achieving
- Prepare work schedules, assign work, and oversees the work
- Oversee construction and repair projects.
- Manage the work order system designed to establish priority and
control over maintenance requests from plant personnel. Ensures
that work order requests are completed in a timely fashion.
- Arranges for the procurement of outside contractors to carry
out specific maintenance and repair assignments.
- Adjusts maintenance programs to insure conformance with
insurance policy requirements.
- Coach, counsel and manage performance of direct reports.
- Develop and maintain Preventive Maintenance Schedule program
for applicable equipment and machinery.
- Arrange for and manage, appropriate third-party contractor
support, as needed.
- Responsible for capital projects and cost control.
- Prepare budgets and secure estimates and cost quotes as
- Enforce sound safety and housekeeping practices.
- Manage spare parts inventory.
- Communicate daily with the Plant Manager and internal personnel
from Production and Quality Control in order to assist in resolving
problems and achieving company goals.
- Responsible for engineering, design and
modification/installation of existing and/or new (capital)
- Compiles and maintains drawing and records on plant
- Issues purchase orders.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Solid knowledge of schematics and blueprints.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication and people management skills.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
Requirements: - Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required - 5+
years of facility engineering management experience - 10+ years of
manufacturing facility maintenance experience - Working knowledge
of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) - Knowledgeable in Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and CMMS
Keywords: Cornerstone Building Brands, West Sacramento , Engineering and Facilities Maintenance Manager, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!