Material Handler (Swing)
Company: AEP Span
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for
Material Handlers for Day and Swing/Night Shifts.About us:AEP Span,
a Division of ASC Profiles, LLC is a leading manufacturer of
architectural metal products, offering performance rated structural
roof and siding. AEP Span affords the architectural community
design flexibility and freedom of expression by allowing architects
to design and specify roofing and framing systems for new
construction and re-roofing applications. AEP Span blends
traditional design with contemporary technology and tested values.
The innovative thought that goes into the product design, customer
service and consideration for the installer is what makes AEP
Span's roofs and walls protect not only buildings, but reputations.
AEP Span now has operations in West Sacramento, California.AEP Span
is part of the BlueScope group of companies located in 12 countries
and employs over 14,000 employees. As a leading international
supplier of steel products and solutions, principally focused on
the global building and construction industry, we believe that our
people are our strength. Having a diverse and inclusive workplace
enables us to improve our capability and ensure continued,
sustainable success.Who are we looking for?If you enjoy working
with people who are practical, put your safety first, and care
about the communities in which they work, then AEP Span is the
place for you. In this position, you will work with a dynamic and
supportive team and contribute to the success of our business. We
are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing
environment in the areas of production and material handling
duties. Job Description
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the
safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of
containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks,
and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish
- Monitor the quality of the material that is picked from the
lines and staged in the yard.
- Document and track movement of material as outlined in the
plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Practices good housekeeping habits.
- Assist machine operators as needed with die/raft changes.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations to include good
- Subject to any and all miscellaneous work-related duties
requested by immediate supervisor.
- The employee must follow all company rules and
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as
required by operational needs.Qualifications
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in a high volume production environment is
required.Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane are strongly
- Experience with shipping and material handling duties is
preferred.Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read measurements from tape measures, micrometers
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and
written communication skills.
- Ability to scan, verify, and accurately interpret documents
used to stage orders, or load trucks.
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with
- Experience with off-loading production equipment, particularly
long length material preferred.Key Relationships Critical to the
success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through
productive relationships with others include:
- Manufacturing Supervisor
- Manufacturing Lead
- Customer Service department
- Manufacturing department peers Working Conditions/Special
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those
found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to
manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn,
talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type,
kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.Work
- The work environment is constrained to a standard,
unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine
hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
- Flexible to work various shifts including days, swings and/or
graveyard, and required daily or weekly overtime as needed.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and
responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job.
Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance
measurements are set at the department level.The benefits are just
as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we
offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term
disability, paid time off, and retirement. EEO
Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected VeteranBlueScope is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: AEP Span, West Sacramento , Material Handler (Swing), Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!