Material Handler (Day)
Company: AEP Span
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
We are hiring and we want you to be part of it! We are hiring for
Material Handlers for Day Shifts.About us:ASC Building Products
manufactures a variety of metal roofing and wall panel solutions to
the residential, light commercial and agricultural markets which
are sold through a network of trusted and knowledgeable
distributors. ASC Building Products has operations in Anchorage,
Alaska; Salem, Oregon; Spokane, Washington; and Sacramento,
California.ASC Building Products is part of the BlueScope group of
companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000
employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products
and solutions, principally focused on the global building and
construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength.
Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our
capability and ensure continued, sustainable successWho are we
looking for?If you enjoy working with people who are practical, put
your safety first, and care about the communities in which they
work, then ASC Building Products is the place for you. In this
position, you will work with a dynamic and supportive team and
contribute to the success of our business. We are looking for
someone with experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas
of production and material handling duties. Job Description
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all job functions considering your safety and the
safety of fellow employees as the highest priority.
- Loads and unloads material into and from a variety of
containers including but not limited to trucks, conveyors, racks,
and/or pallets; utilizes appropriate tools to accomplish
- Monitor the quality of the material that is picked from the
lines and staged in the yard.
- Document and track movement of material as outlined in the
plant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Practices good housekeeping habits.
- Assist machine operators as needed with die/raft changes.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations to include good
- Subject to any and all miscellaneous work-related duties
requested by immediate supervisor.
- The employee must follow all company rules and
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Works extended hours, outside of regular shift schedule, as
required by operational needs.Qualifications
Minimum Required Experience & Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- Experience in a high volume production environment is
required.Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Experience operating a forklift and overhead crane are strongly
- Experience with shipping and material handling duties is
preferred.Skills & Competencies
- Ability to read measurements from tape measures, micrometers
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficiency in the English language, with effective oral and
written communication skills.
- Ability to scan, verify, and accurately interpret documents
used to stage orders, or load trucks.
- Must communicate effectively and work cooperatively with
- Experience with off-loading production equipment, particularly
long length material preferred.Working Conditions/Special
- The physical demands of this position are limited to those
found in a normal warehouse/production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
constantly required to stand, walk, lift, carry, use the hands to
manipulate objects, bend, look and see.
- The employee is frequently required to push, pull, twist, turn,
talk, hear, reach above the shoulder and/or outward, and drive
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, squat, type,
kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must routinely lift up to 50 pounds.Work
- The work environment is constrained to a standard,
unconditioned warehouse and production space.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
occasionally exposed to falling objects, floor hazards, machine
hazards, and hazards associated with driving a forklift.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and
responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job.
Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance
measurements are set at the department level.The benefits are just
as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we
offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term
disability, paid time off, and retirement. EEO
Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected VeteranBlueScope is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Keywords: AEP Span, West Sacramento , Material Handler (Day), Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!