Child Development Site Supervisor and Parenting Clinician
Company: Communicare Health Centers
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 19, 2022
We love to come to work, want to join us?CommuniCare Health
Centers is a network of Federally Qualified Health Centers raising
the bar for comprehensive quality healthcare. CCHCs mission is to
offer access to patient-centered healthcare, regardless of ones
ability to pay. The Integrated Behavioral Health Clinician (LCSW)
provides brief interventions and therapy integrated with other
health providers, including Primary Care, Perinatal, Dental, and
other behavioral health, and substance use providers. Our culture
is anchored in our belief that everyone has right to compassionate,
respectful, and responsive services. We value the right to receive
healthcare regardless of ability to pay and we offer a healthcare
home where social justice, resilience, and compassion guide our
CommuniCare encourages people of all backgrounds to apply
including, but not limited to, Black, indigenous, people of color,
immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQI, people with disabilities,
veterans, individuals of all ages and religions, as well as those
who have experienced the criminal justice system. CommuniCare
Health Centers provides an inclusive workplace that promotes and
values diversity and life experience.
About us:We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and have
been providing care to Yolo County residents since 1972. Like other
community health centers, we provide care to anyone that walks
through our doors and are located in all major cities within Yolo
County (Davis, Woodland and West Sacramento) and provide services
throughout Yolo County. The community health center movement was
born out of the civil rights movement in the 1960s with the mission
to provide healthcare in communities where there are few or no
options for care. Our mission is rooted in the philosophy that
health care is a right, not a privilege. We serve and provide care
for those disproportionally impacted by social determinants of
- Medical Insurance: Kaiser, Sutter Health Plus, Wester Health
- Flexible Spending Plan (before-tax savings plans)
- Employee Assistance
- Retirement 403b (including match)
- Robust PTO, Floating Holiday, Emergency Sick Time, & Paid
- Non-exempt position
- Eligible for yearly 2% COLA and up to 2% additional merit,
- Professional training and/or conference/travel fees paid by
- Opportunity for annual merit increase and pay for performance
if annual performance goals met
- Resilience/ professional development support opportunities,
including but not limited to: Licensed clinical consultation group,
group team meetings, Persons of Color Coalition and specialized
clinical consultation group for those providing services in
About the role of: Child Development Site Supervisor and Parenting
Clinician:The Child Development Site Supervisor will work as part
of a multidisciplinary team to support the children and mothers
enrolled in our Journey HOME Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse
Treatment Program. The Site Supervisor will support positive child
development and strengthen families by providing on
site-supervision and teaching to a small child development center
as well as parenting education and coaching to the mothers of
children enrolled in the program.Essential Functions:
- Provide Site-Supervision for small Child Development program
(ages 0-3) in West Sacramento during morning hours.
- Function as the Department of Education Site Supervisor.
- Provide services in a culturally responsive and trauma informed
manner, supporting family involvement and respect for differences
related to culture.
- Complete chart notes, assessment forms, referral forms,
evaluation data forms and other documentation as required.
- Assist in multidisciplinary team meetings to identify best
practices in services provided.
- Work with parents to provide education, treatment and support
surrounding healthy parenting, safety and child development.
- Provide supportive information, education and referral for
families enrolled in the program to meet identified needs.
- Conducts telephone screenings and intake interviews. Writes and
completes case management plans and all client information and
chart work in a timely manner.
- Maintain responsibility for maintaining an orderly, safe, and
structured play area for the children.
- Clean up and organize play area after group, prior to departing
- De-brief with program staff and/or Case Managers regarding
child development program occurrences.
- Facilitate and manage Department of Education requirements
(self-review, DRDP, ERS).
- Participate in hands-on parenting interventions in Journey HOME
- Provide parent education and coaching to clients engaged in
both Journey HOME and the Strengthening Protective Factors
- Facilitate parent-teacher conferences, conduct Universal
Screenings, and provide feedback to parents on child development
and progress in the classroom.
- Other duties including support staff work such as tallying of
data, ordering educational materials, etc.Education/Experience
- Bachelors degree in Child Development
- Current Site Supervisor Permit with the Department of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of child welfare system, legal system, educational
system, and issues that put families at risk.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Familiarity with resources in Yolo County preferred.
- One to two years working with children and their families
providing support in a culturally sensitive environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Required to sit or stand for prolonged periods.
Ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs. Hearing and vision are
required. Required to perform duties of position in clients home
environment. COMPLETED COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIRED
Special Skills/Equipment:Computer skills to include Microsoft
Office and with training proficiently utilize eClinicalWorks.
Knowledge of medical terminology, DSM 5 and ICD-10 codes. Must
provide current drivers license and auto insurance, ability to
travel in Yolo County (West Sacramento, Davis, Woodland). Able to
proficiently engage and provide care to patients by way of HIPAA
complaint telehealth/video-based services and fully participate in
video-based meetings and trainings. Must have ability to
effectively use telephonic translation services when client
language preference dictates.
Expectations: Commitment to CommuniCares mission and values will be
made evident in the delivery of services and all professional
interactions. Attendance and punctuality are vital. Ability to
collaborate effectively with a multidisciplinary team including
community partners. Must have excellent communication (verbal,
written), organizational and problem-solving abilities. Required to
have versatility, flexibility and manage multiple priorities with
enthusiasm and attention to detail. Expected to have the ability to
understand and follow written/verbal instructions. Able to work
independently and set priorities effectively. Required to have the
ability to serve a diversity of patients in ways that attend to
strengths and resilience. Effectively navigate fast paced
Keywords: Communicare Health Centers, West Sacramento , Child Development Site Supervisor and Parenting Clinician, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!