Distribution Center Operations Manager - 4am Inbound
Company: HD Supply
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: May 16, 2022
HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking a Distribution Center
Operations Manager to oversee the inbound operations in our West
Sacramento, CA facility. Our facility in Burlington, NJ is over
500K SF. Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach
and lead a team of 2 assistant managers, and a total team of
approximately 25+ associates. You will provide strategic and
innovative leadership regarding employee engagement, process
improvement and KPI tracking. As a key member of the leadership
team, you will help us to provide performance to our customers,
shareholders and associate family. Your day will start at 4 am with
flexibility to meet business needs.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in high volume, 300K Sq. Ft.+
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct reports and
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, receiving, replenishment and put-away.
- KPI reporting and coaching around data.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Experience with 5S, lean processes, Six Sigma.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with key
- SAP EWM or similar warehouse management software
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.Perks of working for HD
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental,
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Quarterly Bonus EligibilityJob SummaryLead the operation of a
Distribution Center in support of company goals. Provide input and
feedback on all operations processes and results to DC Manager.
Responsible for providing input to DC Manager for departmental
strategic and operations planning, financial management,
operational reporting and communication, fleet management,
departmental process improvement, compliance, and inventory
management.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of
operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in
support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the
development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and
implements process improvement action plans within the department.
Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes,
asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and
communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and
Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource
policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility,
equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and
security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly
associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take
corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+
years of experience in a related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Keywords: HD Supply, West Sacramento , Distribution Center Operations Manager - 4am Inbound, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!