Company: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Position Overview: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is
currently searching for a Broadband Technician I, II, or III in our
West Sacramento, CA office. This position is responsible for
performing service calls and repairs, install, disconnect and
complete service changes on our cable TV, Internet and phone
services at customer residences. The primary position
responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Install video, internet, and telephone in customers
- Perform repair and maintenance on multiple services including
video, data and voice
- Ensure and record correct RF levels and signal quality within
required specifications on active outlets.
- Educate customer on the proper use of services and equipment,
including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment,
in accordance with company policies.
- Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal
regulations, as applicable. Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Customer service experience required.
- Broadband cable experience is a plus.
- Experience setting up a wireless network.
- Basic Networking skills and knowledge.
- Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
- Additional technical experience, i.e. setting up entertainment
centers such as TV's, DVD players and gaming devices is a
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills,
- Availability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx.
28 ft high and 75 pounds)
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as
- Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of
- Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of
weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs,
ladders, and fully loaded tool belts
- Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable
- Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the
day or night Is this the career opportunity you ve been searching
for? Yes? Then let us know about you apply now!
- High school diploma or equivalent Diverse Workforce /
EEO:Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other
s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our
community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual
respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all
applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical
conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, genetic information (including characteristics and
testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic
protected by applicable law.EducationRequired
- High School or betterEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service
technician, field technician, install, installation, installation
technician, mount, technician
Keywords: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave, West Sacramento , Fiber Technician, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!