Company: PDS Tech, Inc.
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 18, 2021
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician in West
Sacramento, CAMajor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspects equipment, fixtures, and facilities for proper
operation and working condition; performs preventative maintenance
per work order system and SAP. Maintains logs, manuals, records and
other documentation related to preventative maintenance.
- Performs boiler attendant duties such as blow down procedures;
hourly performance checks; troubleshooting and diagnoses and
completes all compliance documentation
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses HVAC, electrical, and mechanical
malfunctions; corrects faults necessary to return equipment to
- Must be able to adjust, disassemble, repair, and reassemble
complex equipment and machinery. Reports serious problems to
Facility Manager; collaborates to develop solutions to problem
- Performs general plumbing maintenance and repair associated
with potable water systems, including fixtures and supply, drain
and vent pipes and related systems.
- Installs, sets-up, and tests new equipment, fixtures and
machinery, working with vendor representatives and/or BCS
- Operates the automated utility management system to provide
continuous water, heat, steam and other utility services to end
users; looks for ways to improve efficiency in the delivery of
- Understand and follow all Energy Control / LOTO procedures and
is able to execute LOTO of utility systems and equipment with
limited guidance from senior level technician or Health Safety and
- Performs site patrols and reports any abnormal findings
- Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most
complex issues to higher levels
- Support and contributor for site management policies, SOPs,
Work instructions and other site related documents
- Keeps tools, safety devices, and equipment in a safe, fit, and
ready to use condition; performs basic housekeeping, keeps work
area in a neat and tidy condition.
- Works under minimal supervision
- May assist with orienting and training lower level
- Complies with HSE policy and ensures that maintenance jobs are
finished under safe conditions. Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as a facilities or maintenance
technician is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in basis facility maintenance in a
greenhouse/nursery environment is preferable
- Able to perform moderate complex and non-routine repairs,
adjustments, and modifications on plant equipment and systems.
- Able to identify and recommend modifications to equipment and
systems to improve their efficiency and reliability.
- Able to teach other technicians to use tools, instruments and
other devices to troubleshoot, repair and service industrial
machinery and systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of the design, operation and repair of
all types of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment and
- Intermediate knowledge of industrial electricity, including
single and three-phase power systems
- Must have effective interpersonal skills in order to interface
with a wide range of colleagues
- Strong organizational, coordination, planning and problem
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
- Developed skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexibility to work overtime, holidays and weekends as
- Ability to periodically lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid Driver LicensePDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status. Founded in 1977,
PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing
firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position PDS
specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace,
Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy
just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of
continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our
employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about
PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com $$$ PDS pays for referrals!
Keywords: PDS Tech, Inc., West Sacramento , Maintenance Technician, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!