Company: Preston Pipelines
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Job Code: 03-2021-PP-002Union: Admin/Non Union EmployeeFT/PT
Status: Regular Full Time
- Review project plans, specifications, standard specifications,
and soils report.
- Submit pre-bid RFI's to the owner / engineer as needed.
- Perform materials take off; verify all SOV estimated
- Contact Subs, Material Suppliers, and Truckers. Get 3 quotes
- Attend Pre-Bid meeting if one is being held or find someone to
attend if you are not available.
- Visit project site and take photos.
- Prepare Bid using HCSS Heavy Bid.
- Call DVBE, UDBE and SBE contractors to satisfy goal to achieve
maximum value of credit available to bidder per the project
specifications, if applicable.
- Verify you have the most current addendums, amendment, Project
plans, specification, and Standards
- Verbal quotes are taken and written down on quote sheet
(request hard quote to follow).
- Verify bid bond has been ordered, if required. Coordinate with
- Verify Bid submittal documents are complete, if required.
Coordinate with estimating assistant.
- Have bid reviewed by Senior Estimator, or Manager, one day
minimum prior to bid date.
- Projects PPI is bidding as a Prime contractor, have bid
finalized and ready to fill in the bid schedule of values, to the
greatest extent possible, 2 hours prior to bid runner to leaving
- Review bid documents and print map and directions to bid
location for runner to deliver one day before bid.
- Projects PPI is bidding as a Sub, have scope letter ready,
reviewed by senior estimator or manager, one day prior to bid. Send
out scope letter to Primes on day before bid date. Prepare bid
proposal sheet 2 hours minimum prior to bid time and have Senior
Estimator, or Manager review. Fax bid to Prime contractors 1 hour
minimum prior to bid time.
- Save bid documents to bid folder.
- Get bid results as soon as they are available.
- Foster and maintain relationships with clients, subs and
suppliers. Promote PPI
- Review Estimate and project budget with Project Manager.
- Attend job start meeting with PM, PE, Superintendent, and
Foreman, prior to job start. Ensure that everyone clearly
understands the work, schedule, and production rates required to
complete the project at or below budgeted cost.
- Review purchase orders and sub-contract agreements with Project
- Review weekly cost to complete with Project Manager. Utilize
information from cost to completes in future bids.
- Work with Project Manager to develop project schedule.
- If needed, work with Project manager to prepare change order
estimates using Heavy Bid.
- Work on multiple estimates and tasks at the same time.
- Do whatever it takes. Job Type: Full-timePM21
Keywords: Preston Pipelines, West Sacramento , Cost Engineer/Estimator, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!