Drywall/ Metal Stud Framing Chief Estimator
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: April 5, 2021
The Berg Group is seeking a Chief Estimator to join our team!
The Chief Estimator will be joining the Berg Team that has been a
respected leader in the commercial drywall industry for over 50
years. We are headquartered in Chaska, MN, and have offices in West
Sacramento, CA, Carlsbad, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Bozeman, MT, and Naples,
FL. We are seeking a candidate who can work out of any of our
offices. The Chief Estimator is the subject matter expert and will
train, mentor, and lead a team of Estimators across all markets.
The Chief Estimator is to create project specifications by
accurately projecting the number of materials, equipment, and
man-hours that must be utilized in order to complete a given
project. Senior Estimator will have extensive knowledge and
experience within the drywall/steel stud framing industry.
- Manage review of weekly bid list to ensure the team is bidding
the right opportunities and The Berg Group's preferred clients are
receiving priority on bid activity.
- Reviews project plans and specifications to get comfortable
with the work and begin development of an estimate (Price
materials, labor, equipment, and other expenses to be included in
the project budget for submittal).
- Accurate take-off of blueprints to include the scope necessary
to be competitive and adhere to company guidelines.
- Review scope of work and instructions to bidders to ensure our
proposals are complete and all risk is addressed prior to
submitting a proposal.
- Adheres to the bid review process and makes necessary edits to
bids as needed.
- Work with the Leadership team on bid margins and supports
recommendation or request to adjust where applicable.
- Actively coach, develop, share knowledge, and mentor Estimating
team members to build capability, morale, and provide growth
opportunities within Berg.
- Establish team roles and responsibilities related to owned
project portfolio, create accountability, and foster a positive
- Generate new clients.
- Participate in the prioritization of clients as a team.
- Continue the development of existing client base, strengthening
long-term relationships and development of opportunities for
optimum margin of sales through partnering and negotiated services
- Maintain and develop relationships with subcontractors and
vendors utilized by Berg. Strategic Vision
- Participates in the development and execution of Berg's
strategic and business plan including achievement of key
- Establish and develops relationships with employees, including
the company management team, as well as external partners and
- Support and continuous improvement of Berg's high-performance
- Provide visionary leadership for new ideas and approaches and
humbly welcomes ideas to innovate and better Berg from all levels
of the organization. Leadership
- Develop trust and maintain a collaborative and supportive
leadership presence throughout all parts of the organization.
- Participate in and support recruitment, hiring, onboarding
efforts as appropriate to develop an exceptional regional
- Foster a collaborative culture that enhances employee
satisfaction, engagement, and results-orientation while encouraging
innovation and creativity.
- Provide time for regular and effective 1 on 1 meetings with all
- Coach, mentor, and collaborate with direct reports
- Establishes and achieves specific, measurable, and obtainable
objectives that support Berg's overall growth and profitability
objectives while creating client, employee, and company success.
- Technical Degree, Bachelor's degree, or relevant work
- 5-8 years of related experience in commercial
- Base knowledge of document editing software i.e. OST, Quick
Bid, BlueBeam, Plan Grid, Plexxis
- Industry knowledge in Drywall, Steel Stud Metal Framing, Paint
or other product/service that is core to Bergs offerings
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the
employment process please contact Human Resources at
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Equal Opportunity Employer,
including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please
choose your language: English - Spanish - Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please
click the link: English
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, West Sacramento , Drywall/ Metal Stud Framing Chief Estimator, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!