Project Controls Analyst (ESC) - West Sacramento
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: May 9, 2020
Requisition ID--# 49425--Job Category : Business Operations /
Strategy--Job Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: Electric
OperationsJob Location--: West SacramentoDepartment OverviewThe men
and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and
reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is
responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution
and transmission operations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning,
restoration and emergency response.Position SummaryThis job is
represented by Engineers and Scientists of California (ESC) subject
to collective bargaining.This journey level Project Controls
Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on Electric
Operations projects with minimal guidance of the Project
Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the
Project Support Function, the Central Data Management Function,
and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions.Job
ResponsibilitiesSchedule Development and Analysis:
- In coordination with Project Manager develop project schedule
and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input.
- Attend Project and Job kickoff and walk down meetings.
- Create, maintain and update schedules.
- Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks
with appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate in project status meetings, collect progress data
and revise project plan as needed.
- Monitor financial progress and maintain Project Manager's order
group. Develop, maintain and control project schedule plans using
appropriate software (for ex: SAP Project System, SAP Work
Management System, and Primavera P6). Cost Plan Development and
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project
objectives are achievable.
- Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets.
- Prepare various cost reports and maintain forecast accuracy.
Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status
reports. Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and
recommend corrective action.
- Assess and report on project performance using established
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost
requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and
stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule and
risk status to project team members, stakeholders and public.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations,
Job Estimates and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods
receipts in current software system.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect
correct project cost information and stakeholders are in
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and
forecasting reports. Project Documentation & Reporting:
- Verify that project cost and schedule milestones were/were not
attained and provide input to identify future process or business
improvements and work with responsible parties to implement.
- Manage orders from inception through completion and all
required documentation is entered in current software system (Ex:
- Resolve all open items, ensure compliance requirements are met
and settlement rules are entered, and close out order.
- Maintain scope change, contingency release, change order, and
journal entry logs.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and
records for required aspects of the project: Maintain project files
in accordance with established guidelines and requirements (Ex:
utilizing the electronic document management system or EDMS).
- Document change order requests, project status, key issues,
risks and resolution, priority changes and approvals.
- Provide Project Manager with monthly report of project costs
and/or schedule information including variance analysis according
to an agreed upon level of detail and prioritization.
- Provide Project Team members with current status report
containing schedule and cost information. Comply with Utility
Operations Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
- Assist PM with Post Job Critique. Central Data Management
- Quality and Analysis
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project management reports
and report performance reports to management group including
- Ensure quality of reports for the department, to report out to
- Validate weekly and monthly data sets.
- May provide support to project manager(s) as necessary Special
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for cost-related data and
- Participate on (or lead) various process improvement
initiatives, within Project Management. Central Financial Analysis
- Project Budget & Cycle Forecast Monitoring/Reporting
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project performance reports
- budget and cycle forecast reports; and finance status reports,
utilizing the financial tracking software (e.g. SAP/BW system and
- Coordinate and work with all stakeholders, on creating new
reports, that best measure and support good business decisions, to
meet the Year End Annual Budget target.
- Coordinate and summarize project cycle forecast variance
explanations for the department, to report out to
- Ensure that all responses to budget, quarterly cycle requests
reflect accurate and current project cost information and
stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Post and update all the project performance; budget and cycle
forecast; and status reports on the Project Management website.
Financial and Performance Management
- Monitor, analyze and report out on the Department's Forecasting
Performance, with weekly performance reports, utilizing the
financial tracking tools (e.g. SAP/BW).
- Analyze financial results on a monthly basis, providing
explanations of significant cost drivers to PM Leadership - reports
such as the Green-Red Scorecard and Lessons Learned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience in electric or gas transmission or
distribution business operations area, business planning,
accounting, finance, construction management or project management,
at PG&E; OR, 2 years of experience in electric or gas
transmission and/or distribution business operations area, business
planning, accounting, finance, construction management and/or
project management, if hired externally Desired:
- Experience with appropriate software tools, e.g., SAP Work
Management, BPC, Planning Orders, BW, P6 (Primavera), MS Excel
- Knowledge of Unifier, ProjectWise, and/or HeavyBid
- Competency in providing direction, delegating, and removing
obstacles to get work done
- Competency in interpreting and applying understanding of key
financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Competency in making sense of complex, high quantity, and
sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve
- Knowledge of mathematics - for example algebra, geometry,
trigonometry - as needed to perform at the job level
- Ability to apply project management theories, concepts,
methods, best practices, and techniques as needed to perform at the
- Knowledge of project management tools - for example Primavera,
PGE work scheduling and management - as needed to perform at the
- Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction
- Risk Management and Earned Value Analysis experience
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge
- Forecasting skills
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project
Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Willing to travel
- Experience with SPSI reporting --
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, West Sacramento , Project Controls Analyst (ESC) - West Sacramento, Professions , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!