Machine Operator, 2nd Shift
Company: Pitney Bowes
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 18, 2022
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration
and foundation of our company.
Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components:
Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
An approachable person who will oversee production workers on
designated lines and assures accurate and timely processing of mail
runs. You are a performance driver, which can help the company meet
their mailing productivity standards
* Operate Presorting machines to sort and barcode mail received
from customers while maintaining accuracy and productivity
* Follow TQM (Total Quality Management) practices and policies to
assure quality of output by double checking the date, weight,
thickness, barcodes, presort slug, indicia, postage rate, class of
* Understand machine software and how & when to change sort plans,
set address blocks, etc.
* Maximize read rates on the mail by making appropriate
* Assure the machine is running properly.
* Remain informed of acceptance times and when trucks must
* Assure mail is prepared to meet SLAs.
* Promote a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or
tripping hazards to self and others.
* Perform all additional duties as required.
As a Machine Operator, you have:
* Minimum of 6 months experience working knowledge of the pre-sort
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organization skills.
* Strong customer service skills.
* The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without
* The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with
or without accommodation.
* A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand
and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in
English, irrespective of your native language.
* The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays
and or a different shift with little or no advance notice
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way. We have
amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and
foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down
into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
Pitney Bowes Presort Services performs mail sorting; performing
some of the work that would typically be performed by the USPS -.
For completing this work, Presort Services receives discounted
postage rates. By performing this sorting work on behalf of our
clients, we are able to share a portion of that discount with them.
Our national network of operating centers processes over 17 billion
pieces of mail annually. We provide mailers with end-to-end
solutions from pick-up at their location into delivery into the
postal system network, providing optimal postage savings.
* Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career through
training and access to various development programs
* Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse
perspectives and ideas
* Offer a casual and safe work environment
* Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the
success of a transforming organization
* Offer comprehensive benefits: pbprojectliving.com:
* Paid time off
* Multiple Insurance options: Medical/Dental/Vision/Pet
* Multiple savings plan options: 401K Plan with company match;
Health Savings Account; Dependent Care
* Access to PB Life Perks Discount Program
* Eligible for PB Employee Referral Program $$
* Training and opportunities for advancement
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Weekly Paychecks
We actively look for prospects who:
* Are passionate about client success.
* Enjoy collaborating with others.
* Strive to exceed expectations.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ+ are
encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with
disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should
refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with
Keywords: Pitney Bowes, West Sacramento , Machine Operator, 2nd Shift, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!