Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care
through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our
team, you ll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a
global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and
development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as
we develop rapid groundbreaking solutions to solve the world s most
complex health challenges. ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Mold Maker is responsible for monitoring tool usage; wear
and tear and working with the toolroom to ensure that adequate
back-up tools are on hand and are properly prepared in advance
ready for production.
- Inspect molding components and select the correct shop tool or
equipment to repair and correct a nonconformance.
- Identify problems within the mold using problem solving
- Attend Daily Management Meetings to chart the course.
- Review and revise processes, procedures, work instructions
associated documentation to perform work to the Best Known Methods
that are to be developed into Standard Work (SOPs).
- Plan and perform jobs meeting expectation of standard repair
cycle times to meet build plan demands.
- Complete work orders with attention to detail to retain the
molds maintenance / repair history records.
- Clear communication skills to achieve positive results.
- Assess completed / qualified tools for improvements in
collaboration with associates and cross functional teams.
- Maintain a clean and organized area, using 5S practices as the
- All Tooling Equipment and Machinery is to be Maintained and
Sustained, PMs to be performed regularly. Daily checklist.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be open to working overtime and weekends when needed.
- Disassemble, inspect, evaluate, repair, assemble and test
complex, Class 101 hot-runner injection molds w/ Valve gate
- Work closely with Engineering, Processing and Operations Teams
to solve complex problems, recommend improvements and implement
- Education and Experience (in years): High School degree (or
equivalent experience) with 6+ years of related work experience
- AA or Technical Trade Degree with 5+ years of related work
experienceKnowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of plastic injection molds and mold making
- Efficient at programming and running all shop machinery (CNC
machining centers, High- Speed-Milling, EDM sinker, WEDM a plus,
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, for inter-office email and job
- CNC programming skills [MasterCam is preferred)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills on Molds
- Ability to lead Projects to completion with timely updates on
- Work cooperatively with fellow associates in a team
- Thorough knowledge of inspection equipment and techniques
- Use geometry, trigonometry, shop mathematics and calculator
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Understands GMP Good Manufacturing Practices
- Use of SolidWorks to view, modify and create mold design
models, assemblies and drawings
- Inspect, evaluate and perform complex mold repair work
- including welding, machining, grinding and polishing
- Ability to train apprentice tool makers and machinists to
operate tooling manufacturing machinesPhysical
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for several hours
- Must be able to work in a shop floor environmentPREFERRED
- Strong Background in plastic Injection Mold Tooling.
- Basic Plastic Injection Molding processing experienceAbout
DanaherAs part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at
Cepheid is supported by a global science and technology innovator.
In addition to Danaher s unrivaled leadership training and
professional development programs, this relationship also provides
expanded career opportunities across industries and brands.
Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life s
Potential.When you join us, you ll also be joining Danaher s global
organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to
help our customers win. As an associate, you ll try new things,
work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated
leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability
of a tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher
Companies require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated
against COVID 19 as a condition of employment, subject to
reasonable accommodation as required by law.Danaher Corporation and
all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless
of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital
status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value
diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both
visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout
the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders
contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these
diverse attributes.The EEO posters are available .We will ensure
that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at to
request accommodation.If you ve ever wondered what s within you,
there s no better time to find out. Associated topics: die,
fixture, mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool
designer, tool die
Keywords: Cepheid, West Sacramento , Mold Maker, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!