Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 18, 2021
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals,
specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and
tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup
- Measures, marks, and scribes' dimensions and reference points
on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining as
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools,
attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to
machine parts as required.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such
as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters
commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control
media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or
out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control
media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications,
using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of
machine settings or programmed control data.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or
others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all
equipment, to like new appearance, according to maintenance plans
and established procedures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating
in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients,
co-workers and management.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify
and assist with continuous improvement.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work
areas.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education and Experience (in years):--
- High school degree with 6 years of work-related experience OR
Associate degree (A. A.) from two-year college or technical school
with 5+ years of related experience and/or training.Physical
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or
- Work may involve repetitive arm/wrist motions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust
- Computer skills; Basic Word, Basic Excel.When you join us,
you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000
people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As
an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a
tested organization.Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies
require all US and Puerto Rico employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable
accommodation as required by law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.-- Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive
other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at
email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time
to find out.
Keywords: Cepheid, West Sacramento , Machinist, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!