Transportation Clerk - Days
Company: Core Mark
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Core-Mark (Nasdaq CORE) www.core-mark.com
Core-Mark is a Fortune 300 company that continues to grow for
over 130 years as an industry leader in fresh and broad-line
solutions to the convenience retail industry. Our reputation of
empowering customers, employees, and communities has allowed us to
build over $16 Billion in revenue. Through our 32 distribution
centers, we offer a full range of products, programs, and solutions
to customers across the U.S. and Canada.
At Core-Mark, you will discover a culture that enables you to
grow, challenges you to achieve, and embraces you as family. Show
us your power and come explore your opportunities with
THE POWER OF ONE. STRENGTHENED BY ALL.
It all flows through you. As the Transportation Clerk, you will
take orders from request to reality, in an environment where you'll
feel and create a culture of safety and family. You will support
the transportation team in improving production processes and
maintaining daily business. This includes performing administrative
tasks such as; maintaining documents, directing incoming calls,
providing reports, and supporting a variety of other functions to
ensure that the transportation is providing Core-Mark customers
with exceptional service and quality.
- Assisting with the dispatching of drivers and notifying
customers on route changes.
- Answering incoming calls from customers, drivers, and internal
- Maintaining all DOT required files and other reports (vehicle
inspection, fuel, and mileage).
- Inputting data into our computer system and generate reports as
- Monitoring documentation for renewals such as drivers,
licenses, and medical cards.
- Coordinating aspects of the hiring process; such as
pre-employment testing and paperwork.
- Assisting with the processing of driver payroll.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
certificate, or equivalent experience.
- Strong math skills
- 1-3 years of experience in a transportation, warehouse, or
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation
- Prior experience with SAP and/orAS400 or the ability to learn
to use these programs.
- Computer proficient with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft
programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather,
temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at
accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall
well-being and the well-being of your family. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and
your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings
- Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
- Core-Benefits: Life, Disability, & Employee Assistance Program
paid by Core-Mark
- Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
- Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet
Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship
Opportunities for children of employees
Keywords: Core Mark, West Sacramento , Transportation Clerk - Days, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!