Accounting Specialist II
Company: International Paper Company
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 6, 2021
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to
make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite
Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International
Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and
packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the
environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than
100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can
collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future
success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and
supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your
destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and
total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
This position is in the Recycling division of International
Paper. We are one of the world's largest paper recyclers, handling
more than 7 million tons of paper every year. We have recycling
facilities throughout the United States. Recycled paper is used in
our mills, with the balance sold domestically and worldwide.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for monthly close
duties for the plant, plant payroll and other finance functions.
The position will be responsible for month-end accruals and
reporting updates, reconciliations, supporting local accounts
payable and receivables functions, local data requests, maintenance
expense tracking, payroll entry, internal control report generation
and review facilitation, and other reporting as assigned.
The Accounting Specialist II position will be located at our
plant in West Sacramento, California.
- Perform month-end close activities including accruals,
reconciliations, P/L data refreshes and variance explanations,
associated data entry, and advanced analytics.
- Enforce accountability as an onsite resource to ensure internal
controls are in place for compliance with corporate policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize and close the gap on
Internal Control opportunities and assist in Peer Reviews/Self
- Assist with Balance Sheet Analysis
- Oversee MRS/OEI Transactions to SAP
- Collaborate with a shipping & receiving coordinator to ensure
timely and accurate data entry
- Enter and process hourly payroll in SAP weekly
- Manage financial transactions for the plant: Vendor Payments,
Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Order Creation, and other A/P and
A/R related functions and answer related questions.
- Act as a first line of plant finance and payroll support for
- Back up office operational tasks as needed
- Track expenses and provide historical data upon request
- Facilitate the annual records management process for the plant
and ensure compliance with policies
- Perform ad-hoc analysis in support of Region Generalists as
- Support and Participate in other projects/initiatives as
required, including plant management and safety meetings.
- Integrity and Trust
- Peer Relationships
- Action Oriented
- Time Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Priority Setting
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Advanced EXCEL Training
- Computer software proficiency in: Excel, Word, Financial
- Accounting system input experience
- Minimum 3 years' successful office experience with accounting
functions such as invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable
and other general office duties
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications
- Detail oriented and process centric
- Able to produce accurate and timely work
- Able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions
- Comfortable working both independently and collaborating with
- Minimum of Associates Degree in Finance or related discipline
and at least 2 years of experience; or minimum 5 years accounting
- Preferred experience with SAP financial application
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
West Sacramento CA 95691
Keywords: International Paper Company, West Sacramento , Accounting Specialist II, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!