Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
CGI is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team!
You will perform installations and run quality assurance programs
to test, identify, reproduce, and report defects in software.
You will also conduct a wide range of quality control tests and
analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified
standards and end-user requirements along with drafting, revising
and approving test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with
standards and IT strategy.
You will create test data files with valid and invalid records to
thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow.
Also, you will coordinate with users to plan user acceptance
testing, alpha and beta testing and ensure that system tests are
successfully completed and documented and all problems are
This career opportunity can be located in Sacramento, CA. If
outside of the proximity, the opportunity can be performed
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead the development of Test Strategies and Plans
• Lead the development of test cases/scripts, test execution, and
validation of results
• Lead the development and execution of the problem reporting
• Develop and perform manual and automated testing using testing
tools such as Visual Studio Enterprise or Selenium
• Perform testing of complex Pension Solution System in a
functional, data and parallel perspective.
• Interacts with other team members and clients to ensure quality
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and
report defects to software developers.
• Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function,
output, online screen, or content.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input on
functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy,
compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks
• Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest
modifications to ensure compliance.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 4 years of experience working in large scale Pension/Retirement
Solution domain or an equivalent domain such as Insurance or other
similar Financial Services domain.
• Thorough understanding of Pension/Retirement Systems, Pension
Data and Pension Processes.
• Prior experience dealing with Pension/Retirement or
Insurance/Financial calculations as part of work
• 5+ years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, test
• Thorough working knowledge of the entire SDLC, IT systems and
processes, testing methodologies and their direct implementation to
• Thorough working knowledge of developing, maintaining, and
executing test strategies/plans/cases
• Experience in analyzing and decomposing requirements and creating
testing strategy/plan as well as testing estimates and work
• Experience detailing test plans, test cases, tracking defects,
reporting status to various levels of the project organization
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective writing skills to communicate to customers and internal
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or
equivalent work experience for 2-5 years
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
Pension Solution: 2 years of experience
Test Management Tools: 5 years of experience
Selenium: 1 year of experience
Nice to have:
SQL: 2 years of experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Superior organization skills to work with the vast array of
• Ability to maintain own workload and meet deadlines
• Confidence working through testing issues
• Ability to work independently
• Thrive in a team environment
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $67K-$105K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary
range must be posted for all positions where the work may be
performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith
salary range will only apply where this described position will be
performed in the state, and should not be considered the
compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all
who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the
challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class
company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan
(SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions
made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits,
medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency
coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a
529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool,
lifestyle management programs and more
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political
affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected
status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Team Player
- Test Analysis
- Test Management
- Test Strategies
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., West Sacramento , Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Other , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!