Part Time Engagement Trainer
Company: Advantage Solutions
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and
marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising,
category management and marketing services to manufacturers,
suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged
goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including
grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar,
club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge
the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers
access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Engagement Trainer is accountable for working directly with the
event specialist in store to facilitate job training, onboarding of
new employees and developing positive relationships with store
personnel. Engagement Trainers are also accountable for the overall
engagement experience for each event executed by the event
specialists in their geography.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
On-board new Event Specialists (ES)
- Meet the associate in the store on their first day and
demonstrate how to set up, conduct and break down a product
- Introduce the ES to the store management team and review
protocol for contact and engagement with store management.
- Coach the ES on the retailer's engagement model.
- Coach the ES on how to file their paperwork.Build relationships
with the store management team.
- Develop rapport with the store management team.
- Understand store's engagement goals and work to support.
- Consistently visit the store on a regular schedule.
- Conduct performance audits with the store management teamTrain
and Develop existing ESs
- Work with ES on a regular schedule, to continue training in
support of event management, customer engagement, store
relationship building and salesmanship.
- Audit ES performance by measuring and tracking development
progress using performance score card. Keep track of coaching
points made for each ES.
- Review score card and coaching points with each associate's
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review event schedule
- Attend trainings; products/ materials
- Check voice mails, emails
- Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as
Direct ReportsThis position does not have supervisory
responsibilities for direct reports
Indirect ReportsMay delegate work of others and provide guidance,
direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving
is an essential duty or function of this job.Travel up to 20%
Minimum QualificationsEducation Level: (Required) High School
Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
2-3 years' experience in event marketing, demonstrations, customer
service, sales, retail/grocery, or coaching for improvement is
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Problem solving skills
- Comfortable coaching for improvement from a positive point of
- Self -starter and ability to work independently to achieve
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Must be comfortable engaging with the public, talking with
consumers and recommending product sales.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build and maintain
relationships and trust with store management.
- Dependable, reliable, integrity, goal oriented, and driven to
succeed describe the successful Engagement Trainer
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel,
and Internet usage
- Must pass online Food Safety training exam (all training hours
will be paid for by the Company)
- Compliance with all food safety requirements and
regulationsEnvironmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Reps RequirementsIncumbent must be able to perform the
essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail
in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 50%+
hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in
considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to
74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or
cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required
to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer
sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper
safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's
supervisor or other manager related to the position/department.
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed
as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any
time with or without notice to alter or change job
responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign
additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The
Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known
disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply
for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or
enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this
job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only
intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes.
Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates
must always record all time worked for our company (which includes
but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store,
office, or other work location; required waiting time;
administrative time; and work-related travel time).
Keywords: Advantage Solutions, West Sacramento , Part Time Engagement Trainer, Human Resources , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!