Manufacturing Supervisor (Second Shift)
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company ProfileFounded in 1985, Gemini Bioproducts, LLC ("Gemini
Bio") is a leading supplier of cell culture media, sera, and
reagents and cellular analysis instrumentation to many of the top
research and academic institutions as well as biotechnology,
cell/gene therapy, and pharmaceutical companies. In 2018 Gemini Bio
became a portfolio company of BelHealth Investment Partners, LLC, a
Fl-based healthcare private equity firm. Gemini Bio is now under
new leadership and operates in West Sacramento, California. Gemini
Bio is growth-focused and is expanding and enhancing its
manufacturing capabilities driving toward higher quality and
compliance standards commensurate with the needs of the commercial
therapeutic space. Gemini Bio is augmenting its product portfolio
through acquisitions, internal innovation, and partnerships.
Position SummaryThe supervisor position is responsible for
implementing and supervising daily activities in a specific
production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines
are met while maintaining compliance with current good
manufacturing practices (GMPs), environmental health and safety
(EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply.
Reports to Sr Director of Manufacturing
- Supervise the daily manufacturing operations in an area.
Maintain (audit, refine, improve) equipment and processes within
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment
emphasizing respect, responsiveness, and results.
- Support and emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the
department. Make decisions concerning these commitments within the
- Responsible for timely execution and review of processing batch
records and related manufacturing documents for the release of the
- Ability to utilize resources in the most efficient and
productive manner possible.
- Provide advanced problem solving and troubleshooting in case of
any event during manufacturing activities. Acts as a resource to
manufacturing staff during working hours.
- Supervise and train team members to maintain competency in
manufacturing procedures, GMP, gowning requirements, aseptic
techniques, and other regulatory and safety standards.
- Ensure timely initiation of documentation for non-conformance,
deviations, and CAPAs. Escalation to management and interaction
with other stakeholders when needed.
- Write, revise, and execute technical standard operating
procedures, processing batch records, and other required
- Responsible for equipment and manufacturing facility. Review
and ensure accurate cleaning logs. Assist with coordination with
Quality, Facilities, and EH&S to resolve facility issues and
schedule maintenance and outages.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental process - support
Talent Management goals, conduct recognition and disciplinary
action for employees, facilitate employee representation throughout
- Submit and/or maintain and distribute reports related to
attendance, labor, efficiency, safety, scrap and others as
- Find opportunities for improvement in manufacturing efficiency
and compliance while assisting with investigations/deviations and
- Collaborate with Development team to transfer new procedures
- Results driven
- DecisiveRequired Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in life
sciences or related industry experience.
- 3+ years experience with cGMP biologics manufacturing, previous
leadership experience preferred.
- Advanced understanding and experience with manufacturing to
filling, and aseptic processing.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and strong
organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and very resourceful
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulations, quality standards,
documentation, and practices.
- Ability to perform physical tasks requiring dexterity and
mobility. Daily tasks call for routine walking, standing in
cleanroom environments, and occasional lifting of heavy
Keywords: GeminiBio, West Sacramento , Manufacturing Supervisor (Second Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!