Project Manager - Commercial - Restaurant & Retail Construction
Company: Gray West
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Gray is currently seeking an experienced Construction Project
Manager -Restaurant & Retail Construction to join our team in
Under the direction of the Vice President, responsible for the
overall management of construction project(s). Ultimately
responsible for the financial performance of the project,
accountable for the profit/loss realized on the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors,
suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and
reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible
for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual
construction parallels with the schedule.
- Purchases and monitors the delivery of all needed materials for
the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for
various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are
encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment
- Issues changes in the work to receive prices from
subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s)
is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of
operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements
and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s),
such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings
and status reports.
- Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work
- Submits verbal and written reports on project status to
- Promote and implement Safety Program & QMS.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with
scope of work.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and two year
directly related experience; or minimum four years experience
retail and / or restaurant construction project management.
The new team member is required to have five to ten years of
experience in Retail and/ or Restaurant construction management.
Experience as the lead project manager of a construction project is
- Both TI and Ground Up
- Open Store Remodels
- Fast Track Schedules
- Please Include a Project List
Gray is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes
everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Gray West, West Sacramento , Project Manager - Commercial - Restaurant & Retail Construction, Hospitality & Tourism , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!