Registered Nurse, Observation Unit
Company: Sutter Health
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Organization:SRMC-Sutter Roseville Med CenterPosition Overview:
The Registered Nurse role focuses primarily on the clinical
direction and coordination of a patient-care team in collaboration
with the medical staff to provide a full range of patient services.
The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of
licensure to provide patient care; assess patient and family needs;
implementation of the plan of care; and, review and evaluate the
effectiveness. The Registered Nurse also provides care based on the
age-related needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric
patient with consideration of their developmental/psychosocial
needs, environmental safety, education needs, communication style
and level of understanding.Job Description:EDUCATION
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. LICENSURES AND
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN required
- BLS - American Heart Association required
- Successful completion of:--- ACE within twelve (12) months of
start date and biennially.--- Interpretation of Basic Arrhythmia
Test upon hire or within two (2) weeks of completion of the course.
(Must attend within six (6) months of start date.)---
Anti-arrhythmic/hemodynamicdrug test upon hire or within two (2)
weeks of class. (Must attend within six (6) months of start date.)
- Minimum of six (6) months area specific acute care experience
within the last two (2) years Preferred SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of nursing process in assessment of physical and
psychosocial, psychological needs of patients.
- Aware of adult learning principles in providing teaching of
patients and families.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of basic nursing skills and
effective English written and communication skills.
- Independently practices and prioritizes multiple demands in an
- Good interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and
teamwork skills are required. Job Shift:NightsSchedule:Per
Diem/CasualShift Hours:8Days of the Week:VariableWeekend
Requirements:Every other WeekendBenefits:NoUnions:YesPosition
Status: Non-ExemptWeekly Hours:1Employee Status:Per
Diem/CasualNumber of Openings:0 This position may regularly work,
store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or
administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially
hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and
Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800. Sutter Health Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Schedule/Shift: Per Diem/Casual/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, West Sacramento , Registered Nurse, Observation Unit, Healthcare , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!