Intellectual Property Manager (Corporate in-house) W. Sacramento or Visalia, CA
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: November 17, 2022
TOMRA Food designs and manufactures sensor-based sorting machines
and integrated post-harvest solutions for the food industry, using
the world's most advanced grading, sorting, peeling and analytical
technology. The company's mission is to enable its customers to
improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe
food supply via smart, useable technologies.
TOMRA Food is a member of the TOMRA Group founded in 1972 that
began with the design, manufacture and sale of reverse vending
machines (RVMs) for automated collection of used beverage
containers. Today TOMRA provides technology-led solutions that
enable the circular economy with advanced collection and sorting
systems that optimize resource recovery and minimize waste in the
food, recycling and mining industries.
Primary Job Functions
The IP Portfolio Manager - Food is be responsible for the
day-to-day handling of the TOMRA IP portfolio for TOMRA
- Based in TOMRA Food's Sacramento or Visalia offices, being the
key IP contact for Tomra Food at the R&D sites located in USA,
Belgium, Ireland, China and New Zealand.
- Internally working with TOMRA Food R&D/Engineering and
Product Management teams to capture innovation ideas, categorize,
review potential value and coordinate prior art searches.
- Monitoring and assisting the R&D group with their
respective new patent and design filings and prosecution and acting
as a liaison with the external IP advisors.
- Negotiating and advising on IP aspects of contracts, R&D
development agreements and licenses for TOMRA Food.
- Assisting marketing teams with trade mark and associated IP
- Managing the TOMRA Food IP management software database, patent
search software and IP budget software; including inputting data,
creating reports and developing new processes, actions and
- Performing patent searches and patent landscape analysis and
monitoring TOMRA's competitor activities.
- Managing external IP legal resources.
- Assisting the drafting and filing of IP applications.
- Responsible for managing third party IP conflicts, IP
litigation and FTO analysis for TOMRA Food.
- Due diligence for M&A for new acquisitions.
- Responsible for preparing case presentations for the IP Board
meetings and documenting decisions and actions.
- Contribute to the respective TOMRA Food IP budgets.
- Strong business acumen.
- Distinct analytical skills.
- Proactive, able to work independently and prioritize own
- Decisive, hands-on, well organized and team oriented.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to sit at desk for long periods of time.
- Kneel, bend, and stand as necessary.
- Ability to lift 5-10 lbs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and customer-centric
- 10+ years experience as an IP advisor in a technology transfer
- Several years of professional high-tech experience, ideally
with optics and digital innovation knowledge.
- In-house experience in IP and R&D environments with
innovation idea capture, new idea valuation and protection, patent
searches and IP litigation support.
- Experience in optics technical area - process machinery,
digital and platform technology.
- Experience with an IP Management Software.
- Technical degree in Physics, Computer Science, Electronic
Engineering or comparable.
- This position requires occasional travel, including
international (around 20%).
- Ability to drive without restrictions.
Why Work For Us
You will have long-term career opportunities, with a globally
renowned company and the following:
- Strong benefits offering with medical, dental and vision plan
premiums covered at 100% for employees
- Healthy PTO policy with 26 days annually (sick, vacation,
holiday) which increases with each year of seniority
- Be part of a mission to transform how we all obtain, use and
reuse the planet's resources to enable a world without waste
- Inclusive company culture that values diversity, well-being and
strong camaraderie among our teammates
- Global career opportunities with a strong record for promoting
- Professional training and development: We are passionate about
people and seeing them succeed
- We love innovation, a collaborative environment where idea
sharing and thinking outside the box is encouraged
TOMRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants
regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage
and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with
Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates
taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: TOMRA, West Sacramento , Intellectual Property Manager (Corporate in-house) W. Sacramento or Visalia, CA, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!