Permit Compliance Manager
Company: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is currently searching for a
Fiber Permit Technician III in our West Sacramento office and
region. This position is responsible for ensuring quality and
timely deliverables of our services to our customers by ensuring
that permits are cost effectively attained and processed in a
timely manner.Position Overview:
- The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
- Identify permitting authorities based on proposed routes
including; municipalities, government entities, utility owners and
any other agencies who have authority over the right-of-way in
which we are proposing to construct.
- Review engineering project costing and determine whether
external or internal resources will be used to complete the
required field engineering work.
- Issue work orders to internal and external field engineering
resources while following established company processes and
procedures and track intervals of permit timelines.
- Coordinate with internal field engineering teams or third-party
engineering vendor(s) to gather the necessary engineering drawings
needed to submit for permitting.
- Complete necessary permit applications and request checks as
needed to fulfill permit requirements.
- Work with management to track permitting costs by vendor and
jurisdiction to ensure that we are accurately forecasting
- Ensure permits are submitted in a timely manner as required to
meet the project schedules.
- Coordinate with construction team after completion of projects
and gather any relevant as-built documentation needed to submit to
the relevant permitting authority to close the permit and return
any remaining deposits.
- Work directly with supervisor or stakeholders on permitting
project status updates, projections, budgets, and milestones.
- Review permit applications created by Permit Coordinator
- Visit permitting authorities to turn in applications, pick up
permits, obtain status, etc.
- Provide training and support for Permit Coordinator I-II.
- Other duties as assigned.Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of project coordination experience.
- 3+ years of experience supporting permitting or right-of-way
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required; experience with GIS or
mapping software required.
- Advanced knowledge of construction standards and code
requirements and the ability to apply against permit drawings.
- Ability to track and analyze data against project
- Strong critical-thinking, attention to detail and time
management skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without
- Ability to provide training and support for Permit Coordinator
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance with a satisfactory
- Ability to live within 30 miles, or maximum of 1-hour commute
during regular commuting hours from the assigned territory.
Territories are defined by management and can be altered at any
time.Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes?
Then let us know about you - apply now!Essential Functions:
- Must be able to sit for extended periods.
- Must have ability to frequently use repetitive motions of the
wrist, hands and/or fingers.
- Must have ability to operate standard office equipment, to
include personal computer, telephone, copier, facsimile machine,
- Must have ability to communicate verbally by phone and in
- Must have close visual acuity for viewing a computer terminal,
reading, transcribing and analyzing data and figures.
QualificationsEducationRequired:High School Diploma or
Diverse Workforce / EEO:Astound Broadband is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each
other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and
our community. We are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and
related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Astound Broadband Powered by Wave, West Sacramento , Permit Compliance Manager, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!