West Sacramento Center Director
Company: Learning Jungle
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Here at Learning Jungle, we make an impact on young minds and
help to build a better tomorrow for the next generation. We look
for like-minded individuals who have a passion to make a difference
in children's lives through learning. We connect with our local
communities by putting family first. Learning Jungle employees are
committed to providing a safe learning environment, giving children
a sense of belonging, achievement and individuality while allowing
parents to feel at ease and confident in the well-being of their
family.Join our team and make a difference in your community!
JOB SUMMARYThe Center Director will ensure the smooth operation of
the West Sacramento Center. He/She will always ensure that
standards as set forth for children and teacher/group size ratios
are maintained in accordance with child-care licensing regulations.
The Center Director's role includes but are not limited to staff
supervision; health and safety program maintenance; parent-teacher
involvement; community and public relations; supply and petty cash
management; center policies/procedures and record
WHAT WE OFFER
- 3 weeks paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Discounted childcare tuition
- Medical benefits & 401k with 4% employer match
- Establish and maintain accurately all administrative records
pertaining to children, staff and center in accordance with the
Center Policies and Procedures and child-care licensing
- Review and implement administrative policies for the Center as
- Leads the full recruitment cycle based upon center needs,
including sourcing, screening, interviewing and onboarding.
- Spearheading talent acquisition duties as necessary for their
center (includes leading employer branding initiatives, attending
job fairs /recruitment events, forecasting annual hiring needs, and
maintaining a positive candidate experience).
- Schedule the daily hours of arrival and departure for all staff
including himself/herself and ensures that staff carry out their
- Complete Staff Program Monitoring, Behavior Management, and
- Plan and conduct regular staff meetings.
- Develop good working relationships among staff, assist them in
problem recognition with children and/or parents, and in developing
a solution to these problems.
- Ensure that the programs offered to each group of children are
in accordance with the Center's Program Statement.
- Work with the Area Director in organizing workshops /
additional training opportunities for staff and parents.
- Develop and maintain a nutritional program for the Center (i.e.
review planned menus and work with external agencies) to ensure
that food being served to the children meets child-care licensing
- Assume different roles (Teacher, Teacher's Aide, Kitchen Help)
and to assist whenever any staff/program needs help (in compliance
with child-care licensing regulations).
- Ensure the health and safety of the children and the staff in
- Review room requirements with the staff and adhere to the Room
- Maintain a petty cash for purchase of sundry items like
learning material, office supplies and grocery.
- Liaise with the Childcare Licensing, Public Health and Fire
- Organize fund-raising and other events (e.g. food drive) to
promote the Center to the community.
- Welcome and conduct center tours for parents; arrange parent
interviews for enrollment and ensure parents' understanding and
acceptance of the Center's Program Statement, Policies and
- Actively communicate with the parents through newsletters,
notices, letters, telephone calls, individual meetings etc.
- Meet with the Area Director at least once weekly and having
daily telephone contact for discussion, decision-making and in
presenting a consistent management approach for all issues.
- Drive a multi-function bus/van in a safe and responsible
- Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONSEducation (Minimum Required and Specialty)
- Bachelor's degree or higher and must be qualified as a level
- Early Childhood Education Certification RequiredSkills &
- Familiarity with and strict adherence to Childcare licensing
standards and regulations
- Ability to assume all responsibilities attributable to a Lead
Teacher for any classroom as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of and love for young children and
enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the
children.Minimum number of years required and type/area of
- Must have some previous experience working in a leadership
- Must have a current background check or be willing to
obtain.Required State Specific Certifications or Qualifications
- California Child Development Program Director Permit and
Minimum 3 Infant /Toddler Units
SUPERVISION# of Direct Reports10-15
Keywords: Learning Jungle, West Sacramento , West Sacramento Center Director, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!