Chief Operations Officer
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 12, 2022
A new position that will report to the CEO, the COO will work
closely with the CEO and CFO. Under the leadership of the CEO, the
organization has significantly evolved and expanded its services in
the past two years and seeks an experienced and innovative COO who
can build, lead, and sustain the operational structure that will
support the organization into the future. The COO will provide
leadership, management, and vision to ensure the organization has
the infrastructure, systems, administrative and reporting
procedures, and operational controls in place to effectively grow
the organization. The COO will have capacity to ensure operational
excellence and efficiency to support the organization's success in
its ambitious work to reach its goals.Key
ResponsibilitiesCollaborate and Execute Vision and Strategy
- Partner with the CEO, CFO, the Board, and Senior Leadership
Team to craft the long-range plan and strategy to achieve the
- Manage strategic initiatives with a focus on collaboration with
and implementation across the Senior Leadership Team.
- Support execution of key priorities, engaging across the Senior
Leadership Team and effectively deploying operations.
- Provide effective internal management that supports
responsiveness to the organization's vision and changes in
direction and priorities.
- Cultivate and steward key relationships in collaboration with
the CEO, including the Board of Directors, industry, funding, and
operations leaders.Lead and Oversee IT, Data, and Impact Strategy
- Direct and manage computing, data, impact, and information
technology with the existing team, develop resources and
infrastructure, oversee the annual IT, data, and impact budget,
negotiation and oversight of major vendor agreements, policies and
procedures, and customer service for the staff.
- Ensure protection of the organization's IT assets and guarantee
that the integrity, security, and privacy of all information is
- Strengthen the awareness of the value and importance of
cooperative use of data, technology, and impact to support the
organization's mission success.Develop and Implement Administrative
& Operating Strategy
- Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure
of systems, processes, and human capital to take the organization
to the next level of operational excellence in support of strategic
initiatives and long-term goals.
- Manage and support the professional development of the
operations team. Position Profile: Rural Community Assistance
Corporation - Chief Operations Officer 3
- Work with the Senior Leadership Team to remove roadblocks,
enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness, and lead the
administrative functions of the organization including information
technology, facilities management, and human resources.
- Oversee facility development in the corporate office to
retrofit the space to accommodate social distancing, safe
collaboration, individual rooms for personal use, and further
develop a workspace that proactively supports a hybrid
- Oversee and support the organization's events team to
coordinate and produce more than 600 internal and external training
events across the organization's 13 states, ensuring fiscal and
logistical efficiencies and infrastructure to sustain and build the
- The organization uses a range of technology and software
platforms to support its work including SharePoint, Unanet,
Microsoft Office, Teams, and OneDrive.Experience and
AttributesHighly qualified candidates will bring the following
experience and attributes:
- At least 10 years senior management experience leading a
diverse group of support functions for a large, complex
- Experience in nonprofit administration, strategy, and/or
operations management a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in operational planning, data analysis,
budgeting, and business operations management.
- Commitment to understanding the rural West and its diversity of
needs, and a passion for helping to build operational capacity in
service of rural communities.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain talented individuals;
create an environment that ensures staff realize their highest
potential and support the organization as a whole to meet future
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding
investments in people and systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong
interpersonal skills, and advance responsibility and
- An excellent and active listener who is able to quickly gather,
synthesize, and act on feedback from diverse sources.
- Ability and track record of advancing commitment to diversity
- Ability to travel 20% of the time
Keywords: ExecuNet, West Sacramento , Chief Operations Officer, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!