External Affairs Director
Company: Sierra Donor Services
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Sierra Donor Services is seeking an External Affairs Director to
join our team! This position will increase the organizations reach
and community standing through community engagement and
organ/tissue donation registration awareness initiatives. The
incumbent will represent the organization in an array of community
events while also pursuing community and corporate partnerships.
Travel will be required.
Below are some of the key accountabilities this position will
- Establishes and maintains relationships with groups and
organizations in the community to raise awareness of organ and
tissue donation and other business development opportunities.
- Expands donation awareness in collaboration with the
communications strategy including advertising, public relations,
digital and social media efforts and managing strategic
- Represents the company in community development activities and
initiatives for the OPOs designated service area. Partners with
community groups such as major hospitals/transplant centers,
faith-based organizations, etc. to establish a presence in
- Directs and oversees community relations programs that
effectively describe and promote donation in an effort to save and
- Legislatively represents and protects organization interests by
working with local, state, and federal government entities.
Develops key relationships with government and legislative leaders
as identified. Ensures excellent working relationships with
- Monitors legislative and regulatory activities.
- Partners with Executive Director and Corporate Executive
Director on proposed legislative actions to determine the potential
impact to donation.
- Collaborates with senior leadership and the OPO community
regarding the companys position on local, state, and federal
regulations and collaborates with the Communications Director to
convey internally and externally.
- Collaborates with Communications Team on the strategic goals
and vision of the organization, including public relations,
legislative affairs, website, social media, and marketing
collateral. Contributes to web and social media content.
- Manages the Public Education Staff and oversees efficiency of
donation related events to increase the number of registered
donors. Serves as point of contact for community service
organizations, legislative staff, community government and business
leaders, DMVs, community groups, hospitals/transplant centers.
- Represent the organization at community and business events
which will require public speaking with poise and engagement.
- Support senior leaders with talking points, background details,
crisis communications and stakeholder communications.
- Maintain current knowledge of the donation and transplantation
industry, including national campaigns and strategies, and tracking
developing trends, in order to communicate in a timely and
appropriate manner with DCIDS stakeholders and the general
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Ability to communicate internally and externally to diverse
audiences, with knowledge, tact, courtesy, and superior attention
- Write clearly, creatively, and persuasively to advance
priorities across a variety of channels, tell stories ethically and
with an equity-focused lens, and copyedit with a critical eye.
- Manage, organize, prioritize, and deliver on day-to-day tasks
and longer-term projects, individually and as part of a fast-paced
- Take direction, carry out assigned tasks, and where
appropriate, develop new skills and systems.
- Use technologically savvy, demonstrated ability to use word
processing applications, email, internet searches, database and
presentation software, and social media
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience; Masters Degree
- Eight (8) years in marketing and communication previous
experience managing projects and employees required
- Valid drivers license with ability to pass MVR underwriting
requirements We offer a competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off
- Two Medical Plans (your choice of a PPO or HDHP), Dental, and
- 403(b) plan with matching contribution
- Company provided term life, AD&D, and long term disability
- Wellness Program DCIDS is an EOE/AA employer
Keywords: Sierra Donor Services, West Sacramento , External Affairs Director, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!