Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: January 8, 2021
IMMEDIATELY HIRING!!! - APPLY TODAY!!!Safety is our priority!
COVID-19 protocols are in place, including mandatory face
coverings, social distancing, disinfection standards, and others to
protect our associates.Thank you for your interest in a career at
Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and
retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and
Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the
unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets
while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and
local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE -
ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a
comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug
and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and
holidays.General Description:As the Assistant Manager you will be
responsible for partnering with the Center Manager to effectively
run the center. This will include working to maximize sales and
minimize costs working towards AOP goals, motivate associates to
achieve a high standard of customer service in order to grow sales
and profitability, assist with the resolution of complaints,
staffing, customer service, and safety, assume lead role when
manager is out, and engage in career training and development
efforts. You will also be responsible for developing,
merchandising, billing, creating invoices, controlling assets, and
promotion of products and services. We encourage you to allow us to
invest in your success as you invest in ours; apply
today!Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist the Center Manager in the management of the
- Direct the activities of the store in the absence of the center
manager. This will include managing associates in an effective
manner to attain sales results in achieving profit objectives by
increasing sales and market share.
- Assist the Center Manager with hiring, training, and managing
- Assist the sales and service departments.
- Operate the center in the absence of the center manager. This
will include compliance with company standards in operating
procedures, policies, and protection of assets including but not
limited to inventory, accounts receivable, trucks, and
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Provide "Service Excellence, Always" to meet the sales and
service goals of the location and needs of the customer.
- Communicate specific work assignments and responsibilities to
- Assist the Center Manager in ensuring proper staffing levels
with qualified personnel.
- Assist with managing safety, health, and environmental
- Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time,
which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial
tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squattingBasic
- Ability to relocate based on the needs of the business and
personal development for the role.
- One year of previous management experience.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
without company sponsorship now or in the future.Preferred
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Associate Degree in related field.Candidate Criteria:
- Strong oral and written communication ability.
- Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take initiative, able and
willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to
attend appropriate training sessions.
Keywords: Goodyear, West Sacramento , Assistant Manager, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!