Distribution Center Operations Manager - Outbound
Company: HD Supply
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: July 17, 2020
Company Overview Join our Leadership Team at HD Supply- Facilities
& Maintenance! We're looking for an experienced Distribution
Operations Manager to lead a 60-70 person Outbound Pick/Pack,
Shipping team. You will coach and drive First Choice performance in
Receiving, Put-Away/Stocking and Inventory teams. You will begin
your day at 10 am, with flexibility to meet business needs. Working
under the guidance of the DC Manager, you will be a hands-on
leader, identifying process-improvement opportunities, coaching and
mentoring the associates for growth and fulfilling our Gold
Standard performance goals. Your efforts will ensure the continued
health and growth of HD Supply, Facilities Maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree is plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in a distribution operations
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2-5 direct
reports, 30+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Outbound, pick/pack and shipping expertise is required.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel and reporting on key
metrics. HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the
largest industrial distributors in North America. The company
provides a broad range of products and value-add services to
approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in
maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction
sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and
six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000
associates provide localized, customer-driven services including
jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified
logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its
customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in
which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving
organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and
inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company.
Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow
professionally while providing competitive benefits and
compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and
achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD
Supply is ready for you! Job Description & Qualifications Job
Summary Lead the operation of a Distribution Center in support of
company goals. Provide input and feedback on all operations
processes and results to DC Manager. Responsible for providing
input to DC Manager for departmental strategic and operations
planning, financial management, operational reporting and
communication, fleet management, departmental process improvement,
compliance, and inventory management. Major Tasks, Responsibilities
and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DC Manager for development of
operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in
support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to
support operating plan and provide cost justification for
departmental spending; participates with DC Manager in the
development of department operating budgets.
- Provides process improvement recommendations to DC Manager and
implements process improvement action plans within the department.
Conducts routine departmental analysis on functions, processes,
asset utilization (equipment, resources, and labor) and
communicates results of departmental analysis to DC Manager.
- Leads associates to be fully compliant with all safety and
Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource
policies; ensures safety and security of associates, facility,
equipment, and inventory relevant to department. Reports safety and
security discrepancies to DC Manager.
- Manages performance of Assistant Manager and/or hourly
associates and recognize, train, coach, counsel, and take
corrective action when warranted.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally
7+ years of experience in a related field. May require
certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some
disciplines. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
and/or logistics management certification.
- 6 years' related job experience. PRID PRID108 Job Locations
US-CA-West Sacramento Posted Date 7 days ago (7/8/2020 6:44 PM) Job
ID 2020-38392 Business Unit Facilities Maintenance Functional Area
Operations Remote Position? No Position Type Full-Time Posting
Location : Postal Code 95691 HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: HD Supply, West Sacramento , Distribution Center Operations Manager - Outbound, Executive , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!