Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Who we are
With its A.I.-powered robotic technology platform, Symbotic is
changing the way consumer goods move through the supply chain.
Intelligent software orchestrates advanced robots in a
high-density, end-to-end system - reinventing warehouse automation
for increased efficiency, speed and flexibility.
What we need
As a Production Technician , you will be ensuring the processing of
pallets into and out of automated and manual de-palletizing and
automated palletizing cells in a mixed pallet distribution center
What we do
The Production Technician is part of the Customer Operations
organization which is responsible for leading the day-to-day
operations of S ymbotic's robotic material handling system. The
Customer Operations organization drives operational excellence by
engaging and partnering with our onsite customers to drive
best-in-class quality, s afety and system performance.
What you'll do
- Ensure that the safety commitments in compliance with OSHA,
Symbotic , and our customers' processes and procedures are met
- Perform pre-production checks on automated adapters ensuring
equipment is in 'ready to run' state.
- Process and monitor the flow of the automated storage and
retrieval system, through means of the adapters, including manual
inbound, automatic inbound, automatic outbound, to achieve maximum
throughput and cases per hour.
- Prepare pallets for induction into the Symbotic storage and
- Assess cause of system stoppage and return to service using
Human/Machine Interface (HMI) and manual intervention.
- Assist other team members in the operation of systems
- Analyze recurring faults and determine best corrective
- Communicate and escalate all issues impacting production
immediately to operational leadership.
- Contribute to overall system uptime through system
preservation, robot recovery, suspect removal, and bot health
- Make recommendations for process/continuous improvement.
- Perform periodic system inspections including: cleaning,
lubrication, tolerance checking, component validation.
- Report all out of spec conditions and perform root cause
- Maintain continuous operation of system components.
- Monitor and utilize common radio etiquette while obtaining
instructions from leadership and operational leads.
- Perform rover bot upkeep to include, but not limited to,
replacing wheels, cleaning, ESD brushes, sensors, etc.
- Responsible for automated robotic vehicle recovery in the
Symbotic Matrix select system to include working in restrictive
- Assist Automation technicians with breakdown calls and
continuous system availability.
- Perform basic duties of the Automation Technicians as
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
What you'll need
- Demonstrates commitment and ability to work safely.
- Reliable and maintains satisfactory attendance.
- Produce quality work.
- Ability to maintain required productivity/work
- Be proficient in performing all System Inspection functions
including: cleaning, lubrication, tolerance checking, current
measurements, and checking electrical systems.
- Ability to prioritize work to gain maximum uptime and
throughput from an automated cell.
- Ability to analyze stoppages and resolve/escalate
- Ability to work with limited supervision following system
procedures and manuals.
- A high sense of urgency.
- Takes critical feedback and recognition positively.
- Ability to Multi-task and perform multiple job functions at
- Must be literate, written and verbal, in English Language.
- Approximately 75% of time will be spent on a construction site
with PPE required (hard hat, safety vest, steel toes, eyeglasses,
ear protection, fall protection (e.g., safety harness)
- There will be steep stairs to climb into the struct ure . You
may be required to routinely walk up and down stairs to navigate
the automation structure.
- You will regularly be near railings that are high off the
- Subject to environmental conditions, protection from weather
conditions but not necessarily temperature changes. Must be capable
of working in temperatures ranging from 105 to 32 Fahrenheit.
Physical Require ment s
- Frequent ability to safely and efficiently lift items weighing
up to 50lbs and move items weighing up to 80lbs.
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours and is frequently required to
walk and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is routinely required to work at heights of up to
45 feet and within restrictive areas of 24 inches . Where you may
need to be able to stand , climb , b alanc e, stoop, kneel, crouch,
or crawl .
- Must be capable of occasional and/or continuous feeling,
seeing, hearing, bending, twisting, stooping, pushing, pulling,
balancing, gripping, climbing, crawling, sitting, handling objects,
and repetitive movement using both hands and feet. Must comply with
all safety requirements and protocols, including without limitation
Lock out tag out safety protocols and fall protection safety
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply
chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software
platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for
the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage
companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and
machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges,
Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed,
agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the
Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of
supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who
embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make
us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on
the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to
help guide us as we build a better place to work - for you and the
world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity,
gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Keywords: Symbotic, West Sacramento , Production Technician, Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!