Company: VSS International, Inc.
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Application Instructions: Please complete application and submit
a resume.Position Description: "OUR PEOPLEAREOUR STRATEGY"We are
growing and in need of an Equipment Mechanic for our VSS
International, Inc. facility.Come join a team with a great company
culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offerPaid
Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k
program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D and
opportunities for growth and development.The Equipment Mechanic
will perfomr repairs and maintenance on equipment to include
troubleshooting when and where it is necessary.Position
Requirements: ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIESinclude the
following. Actual scope of responsibility will often exceed this
- Responsible for maintenance and repairs of all VSS vehicles &
- Responsible for trouble shooting and diagnostics as it relates
to equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for basic electrical maintenance.
- Maintains documentation of work performed to assure
completeness of equipment maintenance.
- Keeps shop manager informed of possible problems as they
- Responsible for hydraulics maintenance.
- Maintains field inventories for servicing of
- Have thorough knowledge of all paperwork requirements and
office procedures relative to departmental operations and the
capability to perform same.
- Repair and maintenance on specialized equipment, tractors,
trailers, rollers, loaders, sweepers, pick-up trucks, and other
- The right candidate will be a self-starter, self-motivated,
punctual, organized, a hardworking individual with good mechanical
- Able to follow direction and get along with others in a shop
- This position might require some travel, to work on the
equipment at the job site and possible out of town work.
- 3-5 years' experience in diesel truck and construction
- Basic welding & metal fabrication
- Must have own tools and dependable transportation
- Class A Driver License Preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Three to five years experience in a mechanical repairs
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and handle multiple
projects utilizing organizational skills and communications
- Strong sense of responsibility regarding timely and accurate
completion of work, and a strong commitment to corporate
- Must be capable of functioning under fast pace stressful
EDUCATIONS and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Five to ten years experience mechanical repair industry, and/or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants
must be currently authorized to work in the United States.We are
proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer,
and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local
Keywords: VSS International, Inc., West Sacramento , Equipment Mechanic, Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!