Broadband Technician I, II, or III
Company: Grande Communications Networks, LLC
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is currently searching for a
Broadband Technician I, II, or III in our West Sacramento, CA
office. This position is responsible for performing service calls
and repairs, install, disconnect and complete service changes on
our cable TV, Internet and phone services at customer
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
* Install video, internet, and telephone in customers premise.
* Perform repair and maintenance on multiple services including
video, data and voice
* Ensure and record correct RF levels and signal quality within
required specifications on active outlets.
* Educate customer on the proper use of services and equipment,
including channel lineups, and how to access online help.
* Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. Clean,
maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in
accordance with company policies.
* Adhere to industry specific, local, state and federal
regulations, as applicable.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
* Customer service experience required.
* Broadband cable experience is a plus.
* Experience setting up a wireless network.
* Basic Networking skills and knowledge.
* Basic understanding/knowledge of internet speeds.
* Additional technical experience, i.e. setting up entertainment
centers such as TV's, DVD players and gaming devices is a plus.
* Strong computer skills.
* Experience working with hand tools, power tools, drills, etc.
* Availability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and overtime as
* Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record
* Work and travel in inclement weather
* Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28
ft high and 75 pounds)
* Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as
* Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of
* Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
* Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather
while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and
fully loaded tool belts
* Ability to work with small components and wires to make cable
* Work indoors in poorly ventilated areas such as attics during
* Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
* Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and at all times of the day
Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes? Then
let us know about you - apply now!
* High school diploma or equivalent
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
Astound Broadband Powered by Wave is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each
other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and
our community. We are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and
related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and
mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Grande Communications Networks, LLC, West Sacramento , Broadband Technician I, II, or III, Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!