Quality Assurance Technician
Company: NorCal Beverage
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: June 15, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Details Shifts: day shift Location: West
Sacramento Salary: $22.00-$29.58 DOE**Incumbent eligible for a $500
signing bonus payable after 6 months of continuous service **
Medical benefits-eligible first of the month following 28 days of
employment. All other benefits-eligible first of the month
following 90 days of employment.Benefits:401(k) with generous
Company matchDental insuranceHealth insuranceHealth Savings
AccountFlexible Spending AccountLife insurancePaid time offEmployee
Referral ProgramVision insurance Position Overview: This position
is responsible for examining beverage samples, records, and other
data to ensure compliance with Company, customer, and regulatory
agency standards. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety procedures and work as safe as possible at
- Follow good laboratory practices and established standard
- Recognize and stop "Out-of-Calibration" conditions and notify
- Verify labels of organic products at start-up and at every
hourly line check.
- Evaluate product samples through taste, odor, color and
appearance to verify samples are within specifications.
- Use refractometer to determine Brix of samples.
- Use pH meter to determine pH level of samples.
- Test samples to determine levels of titratable acid.
- Determine fill weight specification of product.
- Receive, test and inspect HFCS/liquid sucrose.
- Fill out appropriate hold paperwork for non-conforming finished
- Perform cooler water chlorine check every four hours.
- Determine CO2 and air content in cans.
- Use orbisphere to determine CO2 and dissolved O2 in canned
- Complete orbisphere weekly verification log.
- Perform double seam evaluations.
- Use refractometer to properly test for beverage brix in
carbonated canned products.
- Perform hot fill pressure checks.
- Understand and monitor batch hold times.
- Complete syrup control checks.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere and interaction with
customers, co-workers, and management.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Calibrate sodium hydroxide using Standadettes.
- Calibrate pH meters.
- Calibrate and operate refractometer to determine brix
- Use Terris Gauge Tester to calibrate pressure gauge.
- Calibrate and verify thickness and countersink using the
Combination Seam Gauge.
- Clean and calibrate waste water pH probes.
- Perform waste water flow meter readings.
- Complete waste water alarm log.
- Calibrate thermometers.
- Complete daily calibration log.
- Be aware of the MAV listed on the master calibration list,
recalibrate if necessary
- Test water to determine free and total chlorine, iron content,
hardness, copper, turbidity, alkalinity and total dissolved
- Determine caffeine, benzoic acid and sorbic acid content for
- Complete daily HPLC sample log and HPLC sample log sheet.
- Determine levels of ascorbic acid in vitamin C fortified
products using iodine method.
- Use torque meter to perform bottle closure application and
- Use torque meter to test and verify Pull-Up, Removal Torque and
Security on PET bottles.
- Check capper on bottle line to ensure proper performance.
- Test and verify hot filled glass bottles to ensure they meet
the customer's specifications.
- Test x-ray machine to ensure it functions properly.
- Perform Vision System check to ensure operating correctly.
- Complete batch adjustments as necessary.
- Test for Coconut Allergen residue in final Clean In Place (CIP)
- Perform reverse osmosis and carbon tower steaming.
- Backwash reverse osmosis and carbon towers.
- Test Aseptic packages to identify defective transversal
- Competency and attainment determined by job performance.
- Strong ability to work unsupervised.
- Assist with training Quality Assurance Technicians.
- Compile and send required documentation to customers.
- Conduct odor after acidification test for sweeteners.
- Organize and update monthly QA records.
- Perform and document weekly refractometer
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written
instructions or other information.
- Ability to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrated ability to meet productivity standards.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially
- Strong ability to count, add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, and record, balance and check results for
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent
interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate
professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently as
well as working in a team.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, a professional attitude, and
produces accurate work product.
- Must be enthusiastic and proactive.
- Must have a cooperative attitude.
- Must have the ability to follow-up.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Education
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school. Six months to one year related experience
and/or training -or- equivalent combination of education and
- Must be computer literate and proficient in math. Language
Skills: English proficiency required. Spanish is a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes. Amount of Travel Involved: None.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to
handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to sit, walk, twist, push, pull, stoop,
kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up
to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must frequently climb up
and down stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment: The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and moving motor
vehicles, occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and
toxic or caustic chemicals. Employee is regularly exposed to
changes in production facility temperature based on environmental
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very
loud. Nor-Cal Beverage Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity
Keywords: NorCal Beverage, West Sacramento , Quality Assurance Technician, Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!