Technical Rep Engineer (Field Engineer)
Company: BlueScope Buildings North America
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: April 1, 2021
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and
wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western
U.S., servicing customers from--six locations. ASC Profiles
services various segments of the steel construction industry
through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC
Building Products. ASC Steel Deck is part of the BlueScope group of
companies located in 12 countries and employs over 14,000
employees. As a leading international supplier of steel products
and solutions, principally focused on the global building and
construction industry, we believe that our people are our strength.
Having a diverse and inclusive workplace enables us to improve our
capability and ensure continued, sustainable success. Job
Description The Technical Rep Engineer will promote ASC Steel Deck
products to engineers, architects, designers, specification
writers, and building owners with the purpose of getting ASC Steel
Deck products specified in projects and becoming the preferred
manufacturer by designers. The object is to build ASC's image of
industry leadership as the preferred specified product and to grow
market share. Through direct interface with specifiers and
customers, the Technical Representative will identify market trends
and characteristics to assist in planning and forecasting. The
incumbent will report new product and application opportunities and
will assist Sales in opening new territories. The Technical
Representative will address field questions from engineers. This
role will be directly responsible for increasing the usage of ASC
products on projects by engineers & architects in the Western U.S.
The purpose of this role is to provide timely, fit-for-purpose
product and application information and guidance to increase the
usage of ASC products by the design community for projects in the
- Promote ASC Steel Deck products, to engineers, architects,
specification writers, and building owners.
- Dissemination of correct and timely product information,
engineering support and product selection, as well as guidelines on
installation to the design community-engineers, specification
writers and licensed architects. Schedule and perform presentations
to engineers, one-on-one and box lunch format.
- Provide Technical guidance to Engineers, specification writers,
large building owners/developers and national design
build-companies on the capabilities of ASC Steel Deck products.
Work with specification writers to develop specifications for ASC
products. Thoroughly investigate inquiry and give acceptable
guidance in accordance with Company standards, capabilities,
liability exposure, and Industry standards.
- Attend, exhibit and conduct presentations at regional and local
- Follow-up on designer leads received through ASC's advertising,
online project database and other leads generated through ASC's
promotional efforts to designers including thru Sales Force.
- Works with the Deck Sales Manager to track leads and promotion
efforts to identify quantifiable results of efforts and reports the
results to the Deck Sales Manager & Sales Team.
- Work with marketing and other sales personnel at trade shows
and provide input on literature, promotional activities and
development of new products.
- Interface with ASC Steel Deck outside sales representatives to
convert specifications to orders. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, or Structural Engineering; emphasis
in structural design.
- 5 years of experience in Civil Engineering, building
construction and/or building products industry.
- Good understanding of engineering concepts, especially Seismic
Analysis, Structural Analysis, Engineering Statics, Structural
Dynamic analysis, Basics of Cold-Form Steel Engineering Design, and
how they relate to light gauge steel products.
- 50% travel required (automobile and air travel. Preferred:
- (CA) P.E. License.
- Knowledge in cold-form steel design and standards (AISI Cold
Form Steel design manual or Steel Deck Institute Manual).
- 5 years in design of cold-formed steel building components for
commercial, institutional, educational, hospital, residential, or
similar applications. Additional Information
- Ability to communicate technical information, design examples
and applications in an understandable manner.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications,
submittals, technical and contract documents.
- Combination of technical and interpersonal skill sets is
necessary to be successful.
- Computer literate with knowledge of CRM (Salesforce)
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations to groups of 10 to
- Energetic and self-motivation with high level of
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, along
with proven ability in the areas of problem identification and
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, manage
organize and meet deadlines.
- Follow BSL safety framework.
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful.
- Objective is driven by self-managing capabilities.
- Proven ability to use Window environments such as Word, Excel,
Outlook, and Power Point.
- Self-Starter with minimal direction and oversight.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized work practice.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and
responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job.
Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance
measurements are set at the department level. The benefits are just
as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we
offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package
that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term
disability, paid time off, and retirement.-- EEO
Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran ASC Profiles LLC is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.--
Keywords: BlueScope Buildings North America, West Sacramento , Technical Rep Engineer (Field Engineer), Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!