Project Engineer I
Company: Sunbelt Controls
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: July 23, 2020
Project Engineer, I West Sacramento, CA office
Sunbelt Controls is a premier provider of building automation
system solutions and services for a wide portfolio of clients
across the Western United States. We provide BAS solutions that are
comprehensive, ranging from new construction installation and
system retrofits to preventative service, data analytics, and fault
detection diagnostics. We lead the industry with building control
products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost
across several vertical markets, including office buildings, data
centers, healthcare, education, and biotech/pharmaceutical.
We deliver value to our clients by utilizing emerging technologies
to create smarter buildings through our professional solutions,
services, experiences, and ingenuity. Our employees are comprised
of intelligent, dedicated, and entrepreneurial team members who put
customers first and enjoy what they do. We believe there is a
better way to grow professionally, to partner and deliver a
project. If you are ready for new challenges and new opportunities,
come join our team!
In this position, the employee will, under only general supervision
from the Project Manager, exercise independent judgment and
discretion to manage the on and off-site execution of daily project
requirements and activities, while flexibly responding to customer
demands. Responsibilities may include independent completion of
field engineering, programming, and commissioning using preferred
approach standards as necessary. Responsible for cost/budget
allocations of projects and activities. Responsibilities will
include maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction while
balancing the project demands and financial goals.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE*
* Develops personal intellectual and technical product knowledge
specific to the needs of the business and that of specific
* Production of controls system design drawings, the sequence of
operations and submittals for lower-level control systems while
supporting Senior Level Design Engineers for mid-level control
systems as required.
* Research and selection of control system peripherals and end
* Reading and interpreting project construction drawings and
specifications to ensure scope compliance.
* Collaborates with other members of the project team to identify
additional options for the customer (e.g. Energy Efficiency,
Equipment Interface, and Value Engineering).
* Develops and maintains internal project construction schedules
relative our scope of work utilizing 3rd party software programs
such as MS Project as required.
* Manages supports and provides oversight to all 3rd party
commissioning requirements on assigned projects.
* Manages the project s material procurement process and
coordinates the shipments of material to the site and/or other
trades for assigned projects.
* Perform modification of previously produced controls designs to
reflect field changes made during the implementation process
* Generate Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a
project as necessary and/or transitions final project documentation
to the Engineering group for processing.
* Ability to manage time and cost budgets for assigned project
* Communicates effectively with all other project team members
concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from
the field and will submit daily and/or weekly summary of work
reports to the project team leadership.
* Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for
on-time weekly submission of the individual s timesheet.
* Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in
office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety
requirements of all assigned projects.
* Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety
* Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of
any assigned formal training and development plans.
* Participates in the ongoing personal development program
processes, product and systems knowledge required of the
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE*
* Bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical
Engineering or Construction Management is preferred and/or 2-5
years of related work and engineering experience in the Controls or
* Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
* Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical
* Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD,
VISIO. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
* The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use
hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
especially when conducting job site walks.
* Must possess & maintain a valid class c driver s license and have
the ability to drive a vehicle.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of
skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering,
project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who
collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to
* Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision,
401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from
us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
* Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and
* Professional Development Programs Educational reimbursements,
Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa
Keywords: Sunbelt Controls, West Sacramento , Project Engineer I, Engineering , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!