Marketing Specialist, Communications
Company: California School Boards Association
Location: West Sacramento
Posted on: September 17, 2023
DickEmail:email@example.comDescriptionSUMMARYUnder general supervision
of the Director, Marketing, manages various projects for
departments as assigned, including project tracking, drafting,
proof reading, editing, website, and email marketing systems
management. Assist in maintaining the yearly calendar of
promotional events, in the development of promotional videos, and
will partner with CSBA's graphic design team on the production and
distribution of marketing collateral. Will foster cooperative
working relationships among CSBA's departments and act as liaison
with various educational, community, public, and government
agencies; and will perform related work as required. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches and recommends marketing options based on internal
goals and strategies.
- Develops clear understanding of event and/or program strategy
and supports the development of detailed execution plan;
coordinates with the Director and vendors to execute plan within
time and budget constraints.
- Assists the Director to develop customer and internal
communications strategy, associated plan, and key messages.
- Interfaces with sales, marketing, public relations, and other
departments and/or outside vendors to execute customer/internal
- Measures, records, and presents results of each initiative to
the Director; recommends changes to improve effectiveness.
- Coordinates production of marketing materials; monitors for
quality and corporate identity guidelines.
- Monitors inventory levels and replenishes as needed to support
marketing communications and initiatives.
- Regularly reviews company website content and ensures web
content is on-strategy consistent with corporate identity
guidelines and updates.
- Interfaces with webmaster to ensure web site content is
- Assists with new product and service announcements.
- Manages and maintains communications library.
- Assists with related special projects as required.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including
job-related computer hardware and software applications, copiers,
postage meters, facsimile machines, multi-line telephones, and
transcription equipment; may operate other department-specific
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA
values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory
responsibilities.RequirementsQUALIFICATIONS Knowledge of:
- Marketing theories and best practices.
- E-blast, content management systems, and marketing systems for
- Methods and techniques of communications writing and editing
for news media, marketing, and community relations.
- Methods and practices applied in design and implementation of
public affairs and news media print and electronic communication
- Recent and on-going developments, current literature, and
sources of information related to assigned duties.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and
applications related to the work.
- Techniques for effectively representing the Association in
contacts with governmental agencies, community groups, and various
business, professional, educational, regulatory, and legislative
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by
effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and
Association staff. Ability to:
- Identify and implement effective course of action to complete
- Use project management methodology in completing assigned
- Edit written materials.
- Produce neat, accurate, and quality line work.
- Prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, procedures,
and other written materials.
- Effectively represent the Association in meetings with
education institutions, governmental agencies, community groups,
and various businesses, professional, and regulatory organizations,
and in meetings with the public.
- Maintain a variety of filing, record keeping, and tracking
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple
tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set
priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including
computer equipment and specialized software application
- Use good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound
- Be a creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Use excellent grammatical and spelling skills.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the
telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within
general policy, procedural, and legal guidelines.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to a
bachelor's degree or higher with major coursework in journalism,
English, public affairs/relations, communications, public or
business administrative, or related field with three (3) years of
experience in editing and production or various forms and styles of
communication and/or media programs and projects similar to those
administered by Association or related experience. ENVIRONMENTAL
ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with
moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no
direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and
safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and
use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read
printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to
communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to
bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in
the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and
have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a
computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and
pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck
available to assist.
Keywords: California School Boards Association, West Sacramento , Marketing Specialist, Communications, Advertising , West Sacramento, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!